subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Time Is Meaningless So I Made Some Wolf Hall Memes

I am incredibly privileged in this this coronavirus era. I am not sick. I am not high-risk. I am able to work from home and receive a paycheck. I am not raising children or have any dependent family members to care for. I have a safe, comfortable place to self-isolate. But if you are in a similar situation you know, that even having things "good" right now, is still not...great. I miss people, I miss doing things, I cry sometimes, I get anxiety-induced stomach aches, and time stretches out as a big, nebulous blob.

sometimes fast, sometimes slow, who knows?!

Occasionally though I get really excited about doing something meaningless. I suddenly have an urge to organize a photo album, watch a TV show I have seen many times before (and sometimes "before" is "last week"), look at the pictures in a favorite fashion history book, or search Ebay for old Seattle-made brands. And sometimes a little voice in my brain tries to tell me no: that is not a good use of time. It is not "productive." And then the other part of my brain chimes in to say "If you found joy in something, by all means DO THE THING."


And honestly, I have so much time these days, is it even possible for me to waste it?


Which is all a fancy preamble to the fact that, inspired by the excellent Jane Austen + Onion Headlines meme from a couple years ago (click here) I spent a substantial amount of time this week making Wolf Hall + Onion Headline memes. Apparently other people are using this time to get abs but this was what I picked instead.












I should mention that there is already a series of these that I found on Tumblr and they came up with some really good ones that I couldn't re-use. See them here, here, and here.

But like, mine are also pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment