subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bachelorette Life


I feel like I don't have much to report from work this week. The main thing I've been doing is re-vacuuming things I vacuumed before. Some bug evidence was found on garments that were on display, and so as a precautionary measure we decided to deep freeze every textile-based object that was de-installed from exhibit (the freezing kills bugs without using chemicals). To be thorough, each object had to be vacuumed before and after freezing. The boxes just came back, so I've been having vacuuming deja vu.

As thrilling as that is, I turn now to my home life. Today I had a delightful, relaxing Saturday with my roommate. But now that I reflect back on it, I realize that it was sort of an amusing portrait of bachelorette life. My day included:

-Watching the Project Runway: All Stars finale
-Venting about how boring, predicable, and not-fun the show has become
-Deciding that the only thing that will make us feel better is one episode of Say Yes to the Dress
-And by "one" we mean two
-Just one more
-"I think something in our apartment smells bad"
-Launching into vigorous cleaning mode, including a complete clean-out and smell-check of all items in the fridge, bathroom and kitchen scrub-down, and a removal of all garbage, recycling, and compost.
-Deciding to reward selves with gummy candy in shape of penguins
-A journey outside with a vague list of errands
-More Say Yes to the Dress while eating cottage cheese
-"We need to find this bride a dress, SHE DOESN'T HAVE A KIDNEY"
-Dinner
-Deciding we've had enough SYTTD and the time has come for RuPaul's Drag Race
-Discussion of how to incorporate more drag queen sayings into our lives. Like this:

"Do I look fine? If I look fine I'll keep going"



No comments:

Post a Comment