subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Sunday, October 11, 2015

In All The Choirs

Remember a few weeks ago when I was experiencing a choir-based emotional meltdown?


Right. So after that there were auditions for other choirs at church and I wasn't too optimistic. You see, I'm a soprano, and in the choral world we're kind of a dime a dozen. Auditioning as a soprano often includes a bit of reality check.


So I was emotional because the choir I loved was ending, and because there seemed to be a real possibility that I wouldn't find a new choir home. During the audition the director asked about my experience in the Northwest Girlchoir and I got choked up.

Other NWGC alums KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

I was in a fragile state. And in the emotional fog, I somehow got talked into being in TWO choirs.


Which more than doubles the weekly time commitment that my old low-key choir required. Last week I had two different two-hour rehearsals on weekday evenings, and then sang for two services on Sunday.


But so far I've really been enjoying it. It is a lot of choir, but I don't really have a lot of non-work hobbies. I love my job, and so most of my outside interests also relate to clothing and fashion and history. If you take that away, my only other activities are watching things on Netflix and having drinks with friends. Two awesome hobbies to be sure, but if other people can find time to do things like train for marathons or raise children, I can probably squeeze in a rehearsal or two between episodes of Miss Fisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment